Message from the Chairperson, Hilary C. McCormack
Welcome to the Military Police Complaints Commission of Canada (MPCC) website.
The MPCC is a federal quasi-judicial body, established by the Parliament of Canada under the National Defence Act (NDA). Independent from the Department of National Defence (DND) and the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF), it was created to review and investigate complaints concerning the Military Police (MP) with objectivity and fairness.
Our mandate allows us to promote the highest standards of conduct of MP members in the performance of policing duties, and to ensure the integrity of Military Police investigations.
Our website provides a full range of information on the types of complaints the MPCC deals with, on how to make a complaint, and explains the complaints process in detail. You will also find a description of the cases we dealt with over the last few years, under the heading Case Summaries.
Your visit is important to us. Our objective is to inform you on what we do, our mission and our values. Email us your comments or suggestions. We welcome your feedback.
Have a pleasant visit!
Hilary C. McCormack
- MPCC and CFPM enter into Protocol on the handling of Notices of Action and related documents in Public Interest Hearings and Investigations
- MPCC to conduct Public Interest Investigation into alleged mistreatment of detainees by Military Police in Afghanistan in 2010-11 - MPCC [2015-11-05]
- Hilary McCormack Appointed Chairperson of the Military Police Complaints Commission of Canada - MPCC [2015-06-22]
- Troy DeSouza Appointed Member of the Military Police Complaints Commission of Canada - MPCC [2015-06-22]
- MPCC Chair in Annual Report 2014: “Ensuring accountability depends on access to information…” - MPCC [2015-05-05]
- Mr. Michel Séguin is Named Interim Chairperson of the Military Police Complaints Commission - MPCC [2015-03-26]
- Mr. Glenn M. Stannard Retires as Chairperson of the Military Police Complaints Commission - MPCC [2015-03-25]
- Date modified: