How to Make a Complaint

Conduct Complaints

Anyone, civilian or military, directly affected or not, can make a complaint about the conduct of Military Police members in the performance of their policing duties, e.g., during an investigation, the enforcement of laws or the arrest or custody of a person.

Interference Complaints

Only a member of the Military Police who conducts or supervises a military police investigation and believes a member of the Canadian Armed Forces or the Department of National Defence has interfered with or attempted to influence an investigation may file a complaint of interference.

Time limit

A complaint must be made within one year of the incident in question. However, the MPCC Chairperson can extend the time limit if circumstances warrant. In requesting a time extension, include as much detail as possible and explain the delay in making the complaint.

Complaints to the MPCC can be sent by:

Telephone or fax

Courier, mail or hand delivery

The MPCC encourages the use of its complaint form (available in PDF version only, 1.7 MB).

IMPORTANT: The complaint form will only be fillable online with Adobe Reader. For better functionality, please ensure you have the latest version. If you are using a browser other than Explorer, you will need to download the software. Afterwards, save the form and open it directly from the Adobe reader. If you require assistance, do not hesitate to contact the Commission.

Print and complete the form and mail or fax to:

Military Police Complaints Commission of Canada
270 Albert Street, 10th Floor
Ottawa, ON, K1P 5G8

Conduct or interference complaints may also be made by phone, fax, mail or hand delivered to the Canadian Forces Provost Marshal or the Judge Advocate General. Conduct complaints may be made to any member of the Military Police.


Canadian Forces Provost Marshal
2200 Walkley Road
Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0K2

Telephone: 613-949-1000 | Fax: 613-949-1637

Office of the Judge Advocate General
National Defence Headquarters
Constitution Building, 305 Rideau Street
Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0K2

Telephone: 613-992-3019 | Fax: 613-995-3155

Case summaries of the conduct and interference complaints the MPCC has investigated are available online.

Date modified: