2017‑18 Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy
1. Context for the Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy
The 2013–16 Federal Sustainable Development Strategy (FSDS):
- sets out the Government of Canada’s sustainable development priorities
- establishes goals and targets
- identifies actions to achieve them, as required by the Federal Sustainable Development Act
In keeping with the objectives of the Act to make environmental decision-making more transparent and accountable to Parliament, the Military Police Complaint Commission of Canada (MPCC) supports reporting on the implementation of the FSDS and its Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy, or equivalent document, through the activities described in this supplementary information table.
2. Sustainable Development in the Military Police Complaint Commission of Canada
The MPCC’s Departmental Sustainable Development Strategy for 2017 to 2020 describes the department’s actions in support of achieving a low-carbon government. This supplementary information table presents available results for the departmental actions pertinent to this goal. This year, the MPCC is also noting which United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goal target each departmental action contributes to achieving.
3. Departmental performance by FSDS goal
The following table provides performance information on departmental actions in support of the FSDS goal listed in section 2.
|FSDS Targets||FSDS Contributing Actions||Corresponding Departmental Actions||Support for UN Sustainable Development Goal TargetNote *||Starting points, targets and performance indicators for departmental actions||Results Achieved|
|Reduce greenhouse gas emissions from federal government buildings and fleets by 40% below 2005 levels by 2030, with an aspiration to achieve this reduction by 2025||Support the transition to a low-carbon economy through green procurement||
4. Report on Integrating Sustainable Development
During the 2017–18 reporting cycle, the MPCC had no proposals that required a Strategic Environmental Assessment and no public statements were produced.
- Date modified: